Ready to Register for the School of Whitewater Paddling?
Online registration includes questions about your age, physical fitness, swimming ability, river experience and other factors that help assemble more compatible class groupings. Candid answers help you, your classmates, and your instructor to have a better experience and more fun.
An important question is how many days in the last year did you spend on the river in the boat that you are using in this school. Do not include days in a raft, different boat type, or even very different hull shapes from what you will be using in this school. Please make your best estimate using numbers from 0 to 99 for each of the three categories:
- # of Days on Class 1 whitewater only or slower (similar to the Buffalo, Kings and Caddo Rivers)
- # of Days on Class 2 whitewater (similar to the Big Piney, Cadron and Mulberry Rivers)
- # of Days on Class 3 whitewater (such as the Cossatot Esses or Falls, or the Little Missouri from Albert Pike to Hwy 84)
Special Requests: Special requests for class assignment with a particular person are allowed, but discouraged unless your experience and previous instruction are similar. Depending on what Instructors volunteer to teach, at times we may be able to form classes for Women Only, Teenagers Only, Inflatable Kayak or others. Please use the Special Request space on the Registration form to request a specialty class or other request, but understand that honoring such requests are at the discretion of the School Director.
What if I am registering multiple members of my family?
You can register all the members of your household at one time (as long as they are members of your immediate household that are covered by your Arkansas Canoe Club Household Membership: please do NOT use your household membership to register friends or other individuals who are not covered by your membership!). After you register the first person for the School of Whitewater Paddling, you will see a button to add additional members. Just keep clicking to add more guests until everyone in your family is registered. Your fee for all the members that you are registering will be calculated so that you pay for everyone during a single check-out process.
Before accessing the Event Registration page, please be sure of these items:
- Are you a current Member of the Arkansas Canoe Club, and are your dues up to date? You must be a current ACC Member to register.
- Have You Read and Signed the ACA Waiver and Release of Liability?
- Have You Read Sections I and II of the AW Safety Code?
- Is your Boat an acceptable whitewater boat with adequate outfitting?
- Have You Signed one copy of "Permission for Medical Treatment," if participant is a minor?
- If you are an ACA (American Canoe Association) member, please have your ACA number for your registration and waiver.
- Please have your credit card info for payment via PayPal.
Remember: enrollment is awarded and classes filled in the order that payment AND ACA waivers are received...not just when your online registration is submitted. Don't forget to mail your signed ACA waiver!!!
Signed Waivers are to be mailed to:
113 Rolling Meadow Ln
Bossier city, LA 71112
NOTE: Please do not send any waivers or other information to the director through the message board or Facebook. We would hate to see someone accidentally left out.
Before or after you register... if you have other questions or special needs, the first thing to do is look at the message board. The answer may already be there or try posting the question. Usually, responses are fairly quick. Please look at the message board discussions first, and then try the School Director by e-mail.
The Arkansas Canoe Club’s instructors and staff
look forward to welcoming each participant, and to providing another year of quality instruction in whitewater.
And, to having a great time in the process!
Click the Link Below to Register!
Registration Links will open in March, 2013
School of Whitewater Paddling Registration